The Goals of Vocational Education in the Business Branch
The main purpose of vocational education in the “Business” direction is the theoretical and practical preparation of students through basic theoretical subjects, professional subjects and business practices to make them capable in getting employed in positions of this specialty as: General Economist, Economist for Finance-Accounting and Management and Marketing.
At the end of vocational education in the “Business” direction, the student will possess the following main general skills:
- Communicating correctly in written and verbal forms by expressing and arguing their opinions on various business issues.
- Using different sources and techniques of gathering and using the information necessary for its personal and professional development.
- Promoting their internal potential in constant search for new, more effective and efficient solutions.
- Showing boldness and entrepreneurial skills for managing his/ her future.
- Respecting the principles of group work and cooperating actively to achieve the agreed objectives.
Professional skills of students at the end of vocational education in the direction “Business”
At the end of vocational education in the “Business” direction, the student will be capable to develop and practice other professional skills, as the following ones:
- Develop a business plan for various business forms such as self-ownership, co-ownership, manufacturing and trading corporation.
- Evaluate the results of the financial statements (Balance Sheet, Statement of Income and Expense) as a measure of the company’s success.
- Assess cost calculations, in order to effectively manage human, material and financial resources.
- Analyze a complicated balance sheet and take part in making business decisions.
- Implement the legal basis that refers to professional business activities. Analyze the rights and obligations that providers and customers in the business should apply.
- Possess the technical standards of the profession.
- Effectively use your email (e-mail) and quickly find specific information on the Internet.
- Write very well the official correspondence in English.
- To apply ethics principles during professional activities.
- Analyze the market (product market, demand, supply and customer behavior).
- To use information and communication technology for the purpose of the profession, the respective computer program for managing the activity in the enterprise.
- Analyze micro and macroeconomic effects in business.
Opportunities for employment and further education at the end of vocational education “Business”
- Successful completion of vocational education, business management and branch specialization: finance accounting, marketing and management. It provides the student with the certificate of a qualified professional employee. This vocational education gives students the opportunity to address the labor market as a medium qualified employee ready to get employed in different entities for carrying out activities related to the economy and business areas.
- At the end of this qualification the student has the opportunity to further continue education at the university level.